Ingredients & Instructions below
Pad Thai is a classic Thai dish that tastes amazing and is easily made vegan. The tofu adds the protein, the fried rice noodles with the coconut milk and soy sauce make for the authentic taste.
Total number of portions: 3
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time (stove): 10 min
Total: 25 min
1 block firm tofu (400g)
2 cloves of garlic
1 small red chili (optional)
200 g rice noodles
2 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp coconut milk
1 cup mung bean sprouts
3 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp coconut blossom sugar
Juice of 1-2 lime
2 tbsp crushed peanuts
1. Drain the tofu by wrapping in kitchen towel, placing a pot with water on top and leave it sit for 15 minutes. After drained, cut into cubes.
2. Dice the shallots, garlic, cut the carrot into long slices and cut the tomato into cubes.
3. To prepare the rice noodles, soak them in boiling water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Take out and set aside.
4. Bring the pan to medium heat, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil and fry the tofu. Then take it out.
5. Bring another tbsp of coconut oil to heat. Then add the onion, garlic, chili, carrots, tomato and tofu and stir until the flavors develop.
6. Add the coconut milk and let simmer at low heat.
7. Add the mung bean sprouts, soy sauce and sugar.
8. Add the rice noodles, stir well and serve on two plates.
9. Sprinkle lime juice and crushed peanuts on top.
Credit for the background song(s):
Nkato – Chill Soul Rap Instrumental
Lucid Soundz – Express (FREE for non-profit use)